Instructions for installing Easegress from pre-built binaries or from source.
Install pre-built binaries
The easiest way to install Easegress is by using pre-built binaries:
- Download the appropriate compressed archive file for your platform from Releases.
- Extract the contents of the archive, which will create a directory containing the binaries.
- Add the extracted binaries to your system’s path. You can either move and/or rename the binaries to a directory already in your path (such as /usr/local/bin), or add the newly created directory to your path.
From a shell, test that Easegress is in your path:
$ easegress-server --version Easegress v2.6.1
Build from source
Either download the Easegress repo as a ZIP file from here, or clone the repo with the following command:
$ git clone https://github.com/megaease/easegress.git
Navigate to the Easegress directory:
$ cd easegress
Execute the build script to generate the binaries, which will be placed in the
bindirectory to your system’s path:
$ export PATH="$PATH:`pwd`/bin"
easegress-serverhas been successfully added to your path:
$ easegress-server --version
- This repo requires Go 1.20+ compiler for the build.
- If you need the WebAssembly feature, please run
Install via Systemd Service
To install the Systemd service, execute the following command:
$ /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/megaease/easegress/main/scripts/install.sh)"
Install via Docker
Pull the latest image from Docker Hub:
$ docker pull megaease/easegress:latest
Run the pulled image:
$ docker run megaease/easegress